Saturday Socks, finished on a Thursday, with a successful attempt at Kitchener Stitch


I was waiting for a day off before attempting to finish my first pair of socks. I knew that the bus commute to work was not the place to try the Kitchener Stitch for the first time. Luckily, I've taken a couple of extra days off over Easter, and today was the perfect time to do it.

I got help. No matter how many times I read the written instructions to do the stitch, they just didn't make any sense at all. I turned to The Knit Witch's video on YouTube for advise, and it made everything clear.



I think I made a little hole in the first sock, but as long as it is still functional, I don't really mind.
Here's how they turned out...


They are miles too big for me - I have skinny legs, so I think 64 stitches is way too many - and I should have made the foot length shorter, but all in all, I'm very proud of them. 

Actually, they are so big that my fiancé can wear them at a stretch...


I think I'm going to keep knitting socks. When I first started knitting, I didn't really see the point - a lot of effort for something that would be covered by shoes and trouser legs - but I've found that they are very portable, quite quick and challenging enough to be interesting. A yellow pair next, me thinks.

Comments

  1. Hey, your fiance's a cutie ;-) Those socks look great Jo, well done. And you're not the first to get confuddled over the kitchener stitch! Btw, totally loving the Darth Vader mask and light saber in the background - awesome (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts