New Year Norwegian style, and a plate of muffins


I've figured it out! The Norwegian purl stitch is all go - slow, but it's getting there! I find the first stitch of each row the hardest, but that will improve with practise. I think once I get a bit more speed up, I might switch to continental knitting generally. I think it might be hard for lace, but we will see. 


Yesterday I was given a giant bag of vegetables from family, who are away this week and didn't want all the food to go to waste. It included two bags of carrots. I needed to make cheese and carrot muffins. I've adapted the recipe from the Savory cheese, bacon and chive muffins from Food.com, and it makes 12.

Ingredients:

2 large carrots, grated
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons mixed herbs
2 cups standard flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 180degC.
Prepare muffin tray by spraying with vegetable oil spray.
Melt butter over a medium heat in a small pan.
Remove from heat and add herbs, then cool to room temperature.
In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk with a whisk.
Add butter/herb mixture, grated cheese and carrots to the egg and milk mix.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, and stir to mix.
Add dry ingredients to the egg and milk mix, stirring only to combine everything.
Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden.
Remove from oven and cool muffins on a wire rack.
Once cool, eat with heaps of butter! 

I tested the recipe with six friends in the house. The muffins were gone within 15 minutes.





Comments

Popular Posts