Magic loop is actually magical



I've finally figured out how to magic loop. And it is awesome! I'm knitting my Fiona Sweater from Quince & Co, and knitting on big needles with fat wool is much easier to learn the technique with than skinny sock yarn.
The pattern called for a 16in circular needle for the neck (I'm knitting this top-down, another first) but even with the right amount of cast-on stitches, using the same cast-on as the pattern suggested, I couldn't join it in the round. So I grabbed a long cable, and tried the magic loop. It's working!
And I can fit it over my head - it looks small but it's nice and stretchy so it should block out well.

For this I needed 10mm needles, so last weekend I went to Crafty Knitwits in Milford where I got the Knitpro Spectra Trendz chunky set - with 9mm, 10mm and 12mm needles. I think I nearly have the full range of interchangeable needles now, very handy.


Since I'm still on a new project ban until I finish something else, I've been very good and finished up my second Simple Things shawlette. Well almost.... I need to weave in the ends and block it. I'm really happy with this one.




This is knitted up in Rowan Cotton glade, in denim and red - leftover from my Peppermint Twist jumper. No point wasting such awesome cotton.






Comments

Popular Posts