In Love with Reversible Cables

Reversible cables are genius. Actually amazing. The best cables I have ever figured out.
It all started when I found six skeins of teal wool at $2 a skein at my local Ikes Emporium. I had no idea what I wanted to do with it, but I knew something good would come from such a bargain purchase.
I needed a bold pattern that would stand out enough to compete with the colour. Either something with giant stitches or with a really edgy design, nothing lacy or pretty here.
That's when I found the Lamar Scarf pattern by She Shoots Sheep Shots, I knew I had found the project I needed.



I'm knitting this with the wool doubled, on 8mm needles, one pattern repeat, and alternating between knit and purl to make it reversible is just amazing - I always disliked making scarves with an ugly side, so this is the perfect solution. The colour is a bit off in the photo, thanks to getting home when it's dark and the lack of natural light. It really is teal. Just hope I have enough yarn to make it long enough.

I've also ordered some Snap Pea Puffin yarn from Quince & Co to make their Fiona Sweater. Pretty excited - now it just needs to arrive!


Comments

Popular Posts