Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How come I only just discovered this?

After a lame few days at work, I decided to cheer myself up by spending this evening reading through a bunch of the blogs I follow, and I made an amazing discovery - Quince & Co.

I want the yarn. I want the patterns. Specifically these ones.


                          The Caribou Scarf                               The Fiona Sweater
                           

      
                         The Danforth Sweater                          The Marian Cowl

I'm in love with all of it. Quince & Co is a yarn and pattern company founded by Pam Allen - former editor of Interweave Knits, knitwear designer Carrie Bostick Hoge, and mill owner Bob Rice. their range of yarn, mainly American wools, are all sustainably gathered and come in fantastic colours - and reasonably priced -starting at US$6 a skein. Now I just have to pick which project I want to try first - all of their yarns can be purchased on their website www.quinceandco.com and as far as I can tell, they ship internationally - Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment