And yes, I'm still knitting hoods - but there is some sewing to keep it fun!

It just keeps going. The hood itself is finished and now I'm picking up stitches around the opening for the ribbed trim. I'm going to be very over knitting these once I've finished the next one I have to make!


It's coming together very well though - I think the cables are much neater than the first hood, and the colour is great.

This long weekend has been a weekend for sewing; I've been at Mum's helping out with the dress we're making. After a mistake we made with the cutting - laying out on a selvedge instead of a fold which gave us a seam where there wasn't supposed to be one - we managed to pull it all together.
This weekend I learned:
- How to mark the bits where you want to make darts and gathers with contrasting thread.
- How to cut stuff properly.
- How to thread the sewing machine without too many tangles.
- How to tack.
- How to sew facings into a neck - this bit is tricky.
- Sharp scissors are very important.
- To make sure I pick up all pins, because standing on them hurts.
- That sewing does not have to be scary.
Hopefully we will get it all finished next weekend and I can show it off on here.
I also went pattern shopping, and fell in love with a skirt and top from New Look. I grabbed them both, only $10.95 each!
      

I have great plans for both these patterns - the top (first pattern, on the bottom model) is going to be my first solo project. Patterns credit - www.simplicity.com

Comments

Popular Posts