Knitting was needed this week

It's been a week of drama. Circumstances at work have made all of the team very stressed and upset, and we are waiting to see whether this week will bring good news. I've noticed that I'm very bad at lace knitting when I'm preoccupied - I've frogged my scarf several more times since last week. I've started to use scrap yarn as safety at the end of the pattern repeat, so I don't have to go back to the beginning every time.


Now it's coming along nicely, but I've put it down for a couple of days to knit another Through the Woods hood for a friend. It's in Cascade Eco Wool in Taupe and since I've done one before, it's going to knit up really quickly. Hopefully I'll finish it in the next two weeks; it's getting pretty cold here so the hood will get well used!



I'm loving cables and the knitting on 6.5mm needles - it makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere a lot quicker, and this week I needed that.

And for more knitterly fun, I went along to the Stitch n' Bitch at the Auckland City Library cafe today, where I got to meet and chat with some of the people I see so often on Ravelry. Coffee + Knitting + Good company = Happy me!

Comments

Popular Posts