Saturday, February 26, 2011

Knitting for Christchurch

This week has been horrific for Kiwis. The devastating earthquake that hit Christchurch on Tuesday has shattered and united a nation, as we watch rescuers search for survivors and people try to cope with the loss of life and homes.
Family friends have lost homes. People only two-degrees-of-separation from me are trapped inside one of the buildings.
From Auckland it doesn't seem like there's much we can do except give our love and support through donations and offers of help. But while trawling my bloglist today, I found this great project - Softies For Christchurch.


Set up by the amazing Kiwi at Heart, people can sew and knit up little softies for the children of Christchurch who might have lost all of their toys. I'm putting down all of my other projects to knit up a few teddies - it's not much, but every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment