Holiday Laziness

Happy New Year everyone!
I've learned something about myself this summer. When it's too hot, I don't like knitting. The heat makes the yarn annoying to hold, and I generally can't be bothered concentrating for long periods of time. Which is why my plan to finish the jumper over my summer holiday didn't quite work out as planned.

But it will be finished - I've banned myself from starting any new projects until it's done. And it will be done. As soon as it cools down a bit.

I have a few new goodies to share - firstly my yummy new yarn that Mum got me for Christmas!


It is Malabrigo Lace Merino yarn in colour 97, Cuarzo. And it is delicious. I have great plans for this yarn. It will become an awesome summer cardigan. Thanks very much Polly from Little Country Wools for stocking it! Totally made my Christmas!

And obviously, to knit on such amazing yarn, I needed new needles. A whole set if I'm going to be honest. This week my new Knit Pro circulars arrives at The Little Craft Store after a big hold up at customs. But they are here, and they are hard to resist.




The needles are Knit Pro Spectra Trendz acrylic - I picked them over the wooden and nickel varieties because I just like the feel (not to mention a lot cheaper) and they are entirely interchangeable. There are eight different needles sizes ranging from 3.5mm to 8mm, and four different cable lengths. Thanks so much Helen from The Little Craft Store, so excited to start using them. And I've just discovered that they sell a set of chunky Spectra interchangeables too, and I am a fan of chunky knitting. Will have to see if I can track down a set of those too!

But I must wait. The jumper will be finished!

Comments

Popular Posts