Monday, December 6, 2010

I must be knitting if I'm not blogging

For once, I can actually agree with that statement. It's that time of year again, and I find myself planning my Christmas bake-athon to make gifts, as well as quick knitting projects with scraps of yarn for extra presents.
My first knitted gift is ready, for my Secret Santa, and I must say, I'm pretty pleased with my efforts - this is my first time making anything three-dimensional!


This is my variation of Sarah Bradbury's Any Yarn Quick Knit Teddy Bear. Although he does look more like a cat because I couldn't figure out how to round out the ears enough. I used the leftover yarn from my Harry Potter Bag, that being Vera Moda Cupcake in Red and Sunflower. The eyes and scarf brooch are from my button collection. The only thing that I really need to work on is my embroidering, but I'll get there - it's the thought that counts at Christmas after all. I'm now getting requests from a friend of mine to knit a Zombie-Ted, so I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

And no, I haven't forgotten the jumper. It is still going, but a bit slowly.


I'm on holiday for a month starting next week, so I will continue with it then.

In social knitting news, I went to The Little Craft Store's first Stitch n' Bitch night the week before last.
it was great to meet other knitters, including Polly who runs Little Country Wools, and Jacqui, who is the mastermind behind Hazelnuts blog. Some of the knitting there was amazing, making me feel like a real beginner - but it's all about learning, and aspiring to get as good as them!

Finally, a big thank you all of the people who helped me find the last issue of World Sweet World magazine. My summer holiday will begin with me sitting in the sun, reading all of them from cover to cover - just one week to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment